Webb’s is a well-known NZ auction house, specialising across multiple departments including Art, Decorative Arts, Asian Arts, Fine Jewels, Watches & Luxury Accessories, Fine Wines & Whiskies, and Collectors’ Cars, Motorcycles & Automobilia. We are a business that prides itself on core values of Excellence, Partnership and Innovation.
As our organisation continues its substantial growth, we have an exciting opportunity to join our team in a newly created role of Collectors’ & Classic Cars Consultant.
This is a role that will suit a highly organised and experienced professional with a background in the classic automobile industry. The right candidate will be able to demonstrate passion and a high level of knowledge about classic cars and or motorcycles. The key to this role, will be the ability to develop strong relationships to assist in continuing to grow our latest addition to the Webb’s Auction portfolio.
- Building prospective client relationships
- Sourcing and appraising classic, collectable cars and motorcycles for auction
- Corresponding with potential sellers and conducting appraisals for their vehicles and motorcycles
- Undertaking relevant research in order to contribute detailed explanations for catalogues and sales proposals
- Demonstrated knowledge and enthusiasm for classic cars and motorcycles
- Experience in prestige automotive sales, particularly at auction
- Demonstrated client relationship and customer service skills
- Ability to generate leads through networking
- Experience with auctions a distinct advantage
- Ability to think on your feet, problem solve and use commercial judgement
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively, both verbal and written
- Exceptional personal presentation
Due to the nature of our business, this role may require some weekend work and travel within NZ, therefore flexibility is required.
You must have Legal right to work and live in NZ.
Please forward your covering letter outlining why you would like to be considered for this role and your current resume to:
Caolán McAleer – Head of Collectors’ Cars & Single Owner Collections